Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Coming Soon


I think once school is out for summer and I've got more time to devote to more creative ventures, I'm going to officially pare down the blogging to a few times per week.  This isn't because I intend to become lazy with regards to writing, I'd just like to place more focus on other writing projects and I want the freedom to lose myself in whatever it is I'm working on.  If this blog is jumping around in the back of my head trying to remind me not to forget to write on it, I'm likely to become distracted and pulled away from the work I'm doing, and I don't want that to happen.  I can do it.  I can pull back without abandoning, altogether. I just have to keep saying that and it will be true.

I may or may not be picking up a little freelance work, but I don't want to jinx myself before I even get started, so that's all I'll say about that.  And I need to get back into fiction writing, set goals (or revisit them from January), and start submitting actual work for publication, and I need to spend time with old work in progress before I lose the interest in it completely. Or it in me.  Then there's the photography project I'd like to begin concerning the new techniques I'd like to try out, inspired by a certain artist we met in Saint Remy, France.  Eventually, I'd like to add a new dimension to this blog through photos of other creative attempts, so it's time to start thinking about a new schedule for the summer.  Between travels, visits, and the get-togethers required to maintain relationships.

So thank you for the reading you've done so far, and I hope you'll continue to do so even when it's no longer daily.  I'm so grateful, and rather surprised, that anyone reads my ramblings at all!

 

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Love reading you daily but...writing the blog takes time from "the book" and "sending out to publishers" and all those other projects that are important too. I did twice a week and now try to do three to four, but don't kill myself if there's a week - or a month - when my attention is elsewhere. Like anything else, blogging should be our tool, not something that runs our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read something you've published. It will be handled with kid gloves, and I will kick anyone's behind who bends the corners!

    ReplyDelete